Skip to main content

The Lord changed the verdict of death upon my life


I thank God for the saving grace.

I would have been dead and forgotten by now if not for God, the Almighty
Though,  I lost some friends. Anytime I think about it, I shudder.
I want to testify to the goodness of the Lord, though of many years back.
 It was a fire disaster in Awori that year. I still remember it vividly as if it happened yesterday.
I was at home sleeping , not being aware of the incident.
I was woken up by these friends in order to join them siphon petrol from the vandalized pipeline.
Though, the expedition was tempting. I was tired but I wanted to go with them.
For strength, I therefore went for the water anointed in our church in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. 
I took some of the water. But instead of being strengthened, it knocked me down terribly. I could not join them. 
So, they left me behind as my condition at that time looked cumbersome to them.
I was not to be a liability to them, they reasoned.
And that was  my saving grace !
The Lord changed the verdict of death upon my life at that time.
I could have been consumed but the Lord spared my life.
You could imagine my shock and fear of learning that they were caught in the inferno.
What a  grace !
I was saved by grace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Change the Default Language of Blogger Dashboard

Everyone has their own preferences for what they would be using and what they would not. By default, Blogger dashboards come up with the English language (either United Kingdom or United States) which can be changed easily to any other languages like Spanish, French and etc. Recently, one of our users asked us How to Change The Default Language of Blogger Dashboard? Blogger is available in more than 100 languages so it might help users to understand Blogger more easily though their native language. In this article, we will show you How to Change the Default Language of Blogger Dashboard. The first thing you need to do to change the language of your Blogger dashboard is to login into your Google Account. After logging into your account, head over to http://www.blogger.com/ where you will notice written English (United Kingdom) on the top right corner of your screen just above the list of your blogs. Now on pressing the Languag...

60 Percent of Women Won’t Marry a Debtor

  We’ve come a long way since the Mad Men -esque era of the 50s and 60s, when financial security for women came exclusively in the form of a man. At least that’s according to the findings of a new survey from Charlie. We surveyed 533 single (defined as never married) women ages  18 to 40 in to find out how they think about finances when it comes to finding “the one.” According to the results, women are waiting until well into their relationships to have the “money talk.” If they don’t like what they hear, bad news: most women view potential beaus or belles with a large amount of debt as more of a liability, than an anchor. The majority of single women these days don’t believe that marriage is necessarily the ticket to financial stability. But to understand where we’re at now, it’s important to take a look at where we came from. A Brief History of Women’s Financial Rights Back in the “good old days,” our grandmothers had little choice but t...

JSS2 student commits suicide in Benue over boyfriend wahala

Jessica Beer, a Junior Secondary School (JSS) II student of Gyegeh Memorial College Logo1, Makurdi, Benue state, has committed suicide after being jilted by her boyfriend. The female student according sources drank substance believed to be poison and was rushed to a clinic in Akpehe, before doctors confirmed her dead on arrival . A close friend of the deceased, who would rather want to remain anonymous, told the Nation that the girl committed suicide because her boyfriend by name Labi, a pork meat seller at Wurukum Market in Makurdi impregnated and abandoned her and then impregnated another girl. Residents of Akpehe who were startled by the news rushed to the clinic to catch a glimpse of the remains of the girl.