Skip to main content

Why I Hid In A Car Boot The First time I Was Going To Meet Genevieve Nnaji- Mercy Johnson

Mercy Johnson is one funny and truthful actress. While speaking with a soft sell magazine, Mercy revealed her first encounter with senior colleague, Genevieve Nnaji and how she had to hide in a car boot just because she was so nervous to meet her, even though she came there to see her. It’s so hilarious. Her words;
The first time I met her, my friend took me there. When we got to where she was, I became nervous. I told my friend “no let me hide in your boot.” And I did. I got into her boot. (laughs) Can you imagine I came to see her and when I got there I wanted to run back. I jumped into my friends boot. So, when she came out of the hotel, I could not see her, I could only hear her voice. Continue below...
The 2nd time I saw her was on set. When she came down and I met her she said ahh! Mercy I like your movies and I started crying. I was in tears of joy. I said Aunty Genevieve, so you watch my movies. She was sort of embarrassed. Before I met her, she had already known that there was somebody who was crazily insane about her. She was really nice to me, receptive. And even whenever we work together she will correct me and say that thing you did, you could have done it this way.

Usually, in life, you will know somebody, who is more than you. Give him or her that respect. You can’t fight a battle you can’t win. It does not make any sense. If somebody is much more than you, there is nothing as big as you admitting it, and hearing from that person. I didn’t come into the picture to compete with anybody. I didn’t come into the picture to rub shoulders or outshine anybody. I came to learn, do it well, make it and be there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Change the Default Language of Blogger Dashboard

Everyone has their own preferences for what they would be using and what they would not. By default, Blogger dashboards come up with the English language (either United Kingdom or United States) which can be changed easily to any other languages like Spanish, French and etc. Recently, one of our users asked us How to Change The Default Language of Blogger Dashboard? Blogger is available in more than 100 languages so it might help users to understand Blogger more easily though their native language. In this article, we will show you How to Change the Default Language of Blogger Dashboard. The first thing you need to do to change the language of your Blogger dashboard is to login into your Google Account. After logging into your account, head over to http://www.blogger.com/ where you will notice written English (United Kingdom) on the top right corner of your screen just above the list of your blogs. Now on pressing the Languag...

60 Percent of Women Won’t Marry a Debtor

  We’ve come a long way since the Mad Men -esque era of the 50s and 60s, when financial security for women came exclusively in the form of a man. At least that’s according to the findings of a new survey from Charlie. We surveyed 533 single (defined as never married) women ages  18 to 40 in to find out how they think about finances when it comes to finding “the one.” According to the results, women are waiting until well into their relationships to have the “money talk.” If they don’t like what they hear, bad news: most women view potential beaus or belles with a large amount of debt as more of a liability, than an anchor. The majority of single women these days don’t believe that marriage is necessarily the ticket to financial stability. But to understand where we’re at now, it’s important to take a look at where we came from. A Brief History of Women’s Financial Rights Back in the “good old days,” our grandmothers had little choice but t...

JSS2 student commits suicide in Benue over boyfriend wahala

Jessica Beer, a Junior Secondary School (JSS) II student of Gyegeh Memorial College Logo1, Makurdi, Benue state, has committed suicide after being jilted by her boyfriend. The female student according sources drank substance believed to be poison and was rushed to a clinic in Akpehe, before doctors confirmed her dead on arrival . A close friend of the deceased, who would rather want to remain anonymous, told the Nation that the girl committed suicide because her boyfriend by name Labi, a pork meat seller at Wurukum Market in Makurdi impregnated and abandoned her and then impregnated another girl. Residents of Akpehe who were startled by the news rushed to the clinic to catch a glimpse of the remains of the girl.